Friday, January 29, 2010

They're Trying to Kill Us!

I think from the moment our children implant themselves into our uterine wall, the process of survival of the fittest begins. They deform our bodies, then tear their way out of us and then make sure we don't sleep for at least a year, if not more. I remember sitting next to one of the boys when they were 12 months old, I had been so sick that first year, and I told him, I would win - for as much as he wanted to cry, I would win and he would learn to sleep through the night!

Yesterday I heard the argument that women used mental health reasons to terminate their pregnancies - depression and anxiety. YES! You will have depression and anxiety if you have children - for many years to come. Even those women that desperately work to have children will also have depression and anxiety. It comes with the territory. You will probably cry for much of the first year of your child's life and multiply that by the number of children that exit your body - for me it was twins so it was 2 years. Octomom has 7 more years of tears.

Then you catch a break. They get cute and adorable and loving (hopefully) and you decide they can stay for another year. Then another. And before you know it, they have caught on that they are no longer torturing you and they become teenagers. Then the battle really ensues. Unfortunately, this is where the munchkins usually win, sorry to say.

I bring all this up because my children have decided the most effective way to take me out, is to limit my sleep. They keep me up WAY too late and then wake me up every 1/2 hour beginning anywhere from 3 am to 6 am. Today it was 6 am, 6:30 am, 7 am, 7:30 am - at this point I got up and decided to fight back. After yelling at Aaron for banging his head so loudly into the wall (sorry, no sympathy in the am!!) and after swearing under my breath - I donned my walking apparel and went for a walk. I decided when I got home, maybe I would be willing to co-inhabit with them again. The best way to fight back is to gain my strength. They sense weakness.

I literally daydream of where I can live while they are living in my home. I believe I might end up in the garage - or I've asked Kurt to put a yert in the backyard. But they would find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment