Monday, February 1, 2010

Mom Duty

It dawned on my Monday that I have used food to cope with being a mom for the past 8 years. I have used food to cope with a whole lot else but I didn't realize how I used it when it came to Mom Duty. My boys lost their preschool so while we're working out a new plan, I've been a FT mom and I can't believe how much I want to eat out every day. Either eat out or shop. And then it dawned on me that most moms are either overweight, shopaholics, or natural born moms that actually enjoy play doh and art projects.

When Emily was a baby, I had friends with kids the same age so I had more of a social circle but when I had the boys I was already 37 so most of my friends were well past the toddler years, if not helping raise their grandchildren already. So I don't have much of a social circle and so I eat out A LOT! It's something the kids and I enjoy so it's an easy fall back. The same with shopping. But with control over my eating, came more control over my spending. It seems that balance in one area begets balance in other areas.

So now I'm trying to find ways to be frugal, eat on plan and entertain both my boys and myself without wanting to pull my hair out. I am coming up with some ideas but I'm open to suggestions!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! :)
    We go to the Tualatin Library story time every Thursday at 11 am. Its 1/2 hour...and the teacher is great! The kids learn a letter of the day, and read books related to that. Between each book, everyone gets up, sings a song & dances around. You should come!
    Also, Levi is in Preschool w/ Portland Parks. It is cheap! Perhaps Wilsonville has something similar. (2 1/2 hrs, 3 days a week = $150 per mo including a few field trips)

    ReplyDelete