Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Balance

I've heard it said that balance is that thing you see while swinging between two extremes.

It's true - balance is hard to come by. I know, for myself, I don't trust what balance even looks like. I think, "You're not doing enough". Then I think, "Give yourself a break. It's thinking like that that got you so sick". Then I think, "Don't use sickness as an excuse". I'm so confused (and worn out from arguing with myself). I find I need to really rely on a few people to help me come to a place of modesty - knowing my limitations. In the end, that's what it comes down to. I constantly quote the scripture that reads, "A live dog is better than a dead lion." Isn't that the truth!!

I find that while trying to bring my eating into balance I've then tried to bring my finances into balance as well as my relationships. Instead of pushing everything to the extreme, it's time to settle down and try to find the illusive Holy Grail - BALANCE!

1 comment:

  1. Your new picture is amazing Wendy.. How inspiring.. Balance is not easy, that's for sure. I believe most things we do right in life become a matter of habit, and practice. Change for the better, ofcourse never easy, yet so worth it! My W.W. coach gave us a new quote today. She was wearing platform high heel shoe's that were glitter red.. and said.. "There's no place like GOAL"..

    ReplyDelete