Monday, February 15, 2010

Boundary Progress

I was fortunate to work with Kendel Grigg this morning. She is a counselor in CA (530) 622-5925 - in case you're interested. Anyway, I talked about a recent dilemma of how I was feeling mis-treated by someone but still felt such a desire to engage with them and try to "help". I liken this pattern to two people holding onto the ends of a rope and one person yanks the end and the other person responds instinctively, without even a thought. Many times it turns out the first person likes to "yank your chain" just for the response. So I've worked hard on putting down my end of the rope as soon as I feel the pattern starting. Then I'm not always being yanked around, feeling out of control.

Up until now I had held out engaging with this person and I had made the connection to past experiences with family. But today it came together in my head. So I'm patting myself on the back today that I have learned from past experiences and even though it's tough, I'm finding my boundaries easier to find and I'm recognizing my weak areas faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment