Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I NEED Comfort Food!

Last night I prepared a meal for friends with no time to spare and found out that she was allergic to what I prepared so I needed to go home & cook something else for her, which meant going to the store @ 9:30 & cooking until 12:30. At the store I totally wanted comfort food & in that split second decided I could eat whatever I wanted - I was TOTALLY STRESSED! And what did I grab? I chose smokehouse almonds. I was totally giving myself permission to eat what I wanted to eat & this is what I choose? Who is this person invading my mind & body? I mean, really, not in a MILLION years would I think I would choose something on my eating plan!!! It literally struck me by surprise. Which is so funny to be amazed at yourself. It's like looking in a mirror and not recognizing the person staring back at you - really strange. I hope the new me is a 6 foot blonde!!

2 comments:

  1. You have proven it to yourself already. At this point Everything Is Possible!!! ;-) Are you already 6ft? ...I guess in heels! ;-) and I know a great hairdresser that does create blonde very well! ;-) We will call you Barbie or Bridgette or something blondish...I guess Wendy could work. ;-) Good Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading some of your blog; your comments are real and heart felt. You show me that I can follow in your footsteps and accomplish my weight loss goal over time. I've actually been debating starting myself another blog just to write about this experience so I can always refer back to it and learn. Just not sure I'll make it public as the world does not need to know what triggers my eating - lol lol. So keep blogging, and keep to the program. You are a wonderful inspiration because you persavere through adversity and come out positive!

    ReplyDelete