Monday, January 25, 2010

Within 5 lbs.

250 - my goal for the past 2 years has been 250. We were paying $300/mo. for me to be on Kurt's insurance and for me to be able to go on my own plan I needed to weigh 250. So I kept thinking, "I can do that - but how??" The truth is, it seemed impossible. That was a loss of 75 or more - depending on the week. And here I am. Within 5 lbs. of that goal!! I truly can't believe it. I've gone from a size 30 pant (actually, at some point I couldn't even fit those so I was wearing strictly elastic) to my shopping trip last weekend where I'm now a 22. I even bought sweaters that were an 18/20. WOW! 18 is where I was when we got married almost 20 years ago. This has been a fantastic journey and again, thank you all for your support. Not just your support while losing the weight, because that's been the fun part of the journey, but your support for the past 20 years through the sickness, the depression, the first year of twin madness, and the massive anger I carried around for not being in control of my actions. Huge thank you & LOVE to Kurt - my patient husband - who has loved me thick & thin (comparatively) and always knew I would get here again.

Thankfully, Kurt's insurance changed in January this year so we are no longer paying $300 a month extra for me so I don't even have to worry about changing insurance - but still I'm almost there! I'm almost 1/2 done with this stage & I can't wait to see where the next 75 lbs leads me!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Wendy! I am very very happy for you - a real accomplishment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Wendy!!!!!! You Go Girl!!!!! Wahoo!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete