Thursday, January 28, 2010

Go Home!!!

Yesterday was a Beautiful day!! I had an amazing Bible study with friends. The boys were being perfect!! I had to return my new size 22 pants & buy size 20 since the 22s were falling off!!! Perfect day, right? And all I wanted to do was go out to eat! AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH!

I was in such a good mood and I wanted to celebrate with a nice meal out. Eating out is such an intrinsic part of my celebration of life/mood altering coping mechanism/escapism/daily occurence. It felt like torture to drive home and not stop at the 50 places calling for me to stop. I literally prayed all the way home and came home and ate what I had here. It's not that I CAN'T eat out but I don't want to use food that way. I don't want to eat out because of a craving. Those patterns ingrained in me since from childhood aren't easily shaken.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendy,

    One thing that has really helped me with that is learning how the animals were treated that we would consume at those fast food places. I saw a couple of movies (fast food nation and others ) which really made me stop and think about the kind of food and the corporate greed which motivates those places. I am not a crazy anarchist, just a newly informed consumer who wants to give a thought to where and how my food comes from. I am chosing more often to buy free range and the like. Costs more, but feels more respectful to the animals and then to me to do this. Anyway, just a thought and wanted to commend you for your honesty and HARD work.

    ReplyDelete