Sunday, January 24, 2010

Coach Support

I have my first 2 people to support on their journey of a healthier lifestyle!! YEAH! I'm very excited. I'm a bit anxious because I know how hard it's been to sort out my thoughts and patterns and I'm hoping very much I can be useful to others. But I am thankful that my blog has inspired others to take on their goals.

Life is SOOOOOO stressful and overwhelming and I just HATE that we take that stress out on ourselves! I hate that the system is set up that when we need a break, the easiest and best feeling break is something destructive to ourselves - eating, smoking, drinking, gambling . . . A massage, a facial, a healthy relaxed dinner, a nap - these are what we need, but who has the money & time to do that at the moment!!! My kids just aren't cooperative to sit quietly through an hour massage. (Although my iphone apps have contained them through my chiropratic appts now - or as Aaron says, "firepactor") It's really hard to find the strength within to delay feeling better until we can find a way that is useful and healthy. It's amazingly hard at first to deny yourself that drive thru or cigarette because our body is CRAVING a break - a little bit of feeling good - so it's really mind over matter and the understanding that delaying gratification will in & of itself be gratifying. My challenge to you today - make 1 decision that is actually for your health & not just for you to feel immediately better & see how you feel about that decision tonight when you're going to sleep. See if it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment