Thursday, July 29, 2010

Read me like a book

I got to laughing last week - I looked at the shelf next to my comfy chair with my stack of books and I thought how one can tell where my head is at by looking at my shelf. A few years ago my list consisted of, "The Weekend Marriage" "Divorce Busting" "Getting the Love You Want" & a few more. Any guesses what was going on in my life? Now, I have "50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food" "Dispatches from a not-so-perfect life (How I learned to love the house, the man, the child)" "Nice Girls Finish Fat" and "God Never Blinks". Any guesses? I'm almost to the end of "Dispatches" and I still haven't gotten to her learning to love the whole package. Maybe it's in the epilogue. At least reading her book has made me feel MUCH more normal. I told Kurt that he should read it so as to appreciate how calm and laid back I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment