Monday, July 12, 2010

Vaca w/ parents - Therapist Needed

Went on vacation with parents and overall, all went well, but MAN - being with them makes me need therapy. It was nice to hear how proud my dad is of me that I've lost all this weight and that I've stuck with this program but then he makes comments about driving by Dairy Queen and showing my kids another place they can't eat. I ask what that means and he says because they aren't allowed to have dessert - WHAT? They had mom's brownies 2 nights in a row and then sugar free cookies that night. It's a VERY strange thing when people make comments about my deprived kids because I'm on this program. Another "friend" made a comment after my son hurt himself - I texted, "nothing ice cream won't cure" and she texted back, "I was going to suggest sugar but I thought it was hopeless. There is hope for you." Now keep in mind that my boys are allergic to sugar and get raw skin rashes when they eat too much of it - so if they are kept off, it's absolutely for their own good and comfort, not because I'm a tree hugging, organic tea drinking, soy loving, sugar fascist. But I guess because I abstain from sugar 70% of the time, I'm now a "bad" mother. I know, I know, I'm reading more into this than is there - but only by the slightest degree. The truth is, they do have issues and don't like that I'm changing and they aren't. One knows this will come when one loses weight, but it surprises me when I run across it. It comes as such a personal affront. Oh well, nothing a big scoop of ice cream won't cure. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment