Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Stuck

Strange stuck place. I'm doing pretty good on plan but am living life and so I'm not losing like I'd like - like before. For example yesterday, I took a friend to lunch & ate on program but then I tried to eat MR for dinner and by 10: I was starving so I had to eat drive thru. I ate on plan but then I'm more full than normal so I didn't lose weight. Summer has been hard to either stay on plan or eat on schedule. I'm doing MUCH better since I re-evaluated why I'm doing this and I'm being much more zen about the whole process. Instead of just getting to goal, I'm also doing this because I feel better and I want to feel better forever, not just when I get to goal. But I'm also feeling frustrated by the lack of progress. I guess this is what I'm supposed to learn: In the past, when I stopped seeing progress I would quit the program or go off plan - why do it if there wasn't results? But now, I'm doing this as a life course, not just for results so even if there isn't "weight loss" there is better health - so this is the new motivation. I need to think long term, not just instant results. I am a total product of the NOW generation - if it's not working in one week, then screw it! But that's the old way of thinking - the new way is - of course it's working because you have 10 other ways to see results - maybe just not the 1 you were hoping to see this week. Start looking at the other 9 and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment