Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just Walk Away!!

Is it possible that some of us have the same problem that some alcoholics have - you can't even touch it or you lose all control? I know some alcoholics drink as a way to cope, some drink every day, but others can go for a while without drinking, but once they do, they can't stop. That's how I felt yesterday. I know I have a tendency to use food to cope or to soothe, but yesterday we went out to eat and I had planned what I was going to order and I had every intention to stick to plan. I ate 2 teeny pieces of bread and one bite of lasagna - not bad at all - but then I came home and I wanted to keep eating. So I ate a bar and then another and then the food thoughts came flooding in. I managed to keep myself home and not go out to eat what "I felt like eating" - I was able to stay real and remember how eating that would make me feel so I really didn't "feel like eating" that. But I ended up eating spaghetti and after that I craved toast - but managed to not eat it. It felt CRAZY!! So last night I was wondering if eating carbs (and maybe it has to do with not eating enough protein or insulin levels or some bigger picture) but if eating carbs unleashes something in me that makes me want to "binge" eat. I have NEVER been a binger, per se. I've never eaten a package of cookies or a whole container of ice cream. But last night, my body couldn't get enough. I had to talk myself off the ledge all afternoon and evening. I guess this is considered compulsive eating. This feels new to me - I guess I have some research to do. Fun, fun. Oh well, back on plan today and lesson learned - those 2 teeny pieces of bread are pretty powerful so WALK AWAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment