Friday, August 6, 2010

Must . . . Eat . . . Bagel

Just dropped off the kids for grandparent sleep over and immediately began daydreaming of food. It took all my control to drive home instead of stopping for something yummy. When I was almost home the phone rang & I forgot to leave a car seat!!! So this time driving back I thought, "Okay, whatever, I'm going to go eat a bagel." But then (because I'm reading 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food) I had it in my mind that I needed to use this moment to try a different approach. If I don't learn this now, I will never keep my weight off and I will never reach my goal. Even the thought of "I need to do something different" made me stop daydreaming of food. (Side note - when I went to buy the book yesterday I told the sales person it should come with a bar of chocolate - you know, until I've read the book & applied it . . .) So here I am, drinking my coffee and eating my bar and writing my cathartic details. Funny how I complain how hard it is to be on plan with kids and now I'm without them and I'm complaining how hard it is without kids. Hmmmmm, I see a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment