Thursday, August 26, 2010

If not this then . . .

Last night I was daydreaming of rocky road ice cream. I could taste it, I could feel it in my mouth. I actually was starting to get out of my chair with the intention of leaving to buy some when I thought, "What are you doing? You're going to go to all the effort to get dressed, drive to the store, walk around the store, purchase the ice cream, sit in an abandoned parking lot and eat ice cream, return home and sit right back down in this chair." How crazy is that? I thought I might as well sit here in this chair and pretend that I just did all that and save myself several hundred calories and feeling HORRIBLE the next day. But then I got in a HORRIBLE mood instead and I thought, so why can't I sit here and pretend I just ate ice cream. I decided it's a lack of endorphins. When my brain needs an endorphin lift I crave sugar and when I don't eat it I feel more depressed. So I did research and found here are some other things to maybe try next time I need my endorphins to kick in - of course the ones to avoid are chocolate and pain - the things to try: sex, exercise, laughing, chili peppers, massage, acupuncture (kids - take this pin and . . .) and meditation. None sound as enjoyable as eating rocky road ice cream but I'll give them a try anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment