Friday, June 11, 2010

Skinny like me

Skinny people!! I'll tell ya - they are just not at all in touch with reality. Okay, let me clarify - naturally skinny people. Those with food disorders are me in smaller clothes - but my wonderfully skinny Pilates instructor keeps going on about "diets" and what's so wrong with them and lumps in Medifast with the rest. I, of course, come to M's defense - how dare you disparage the salvation of my thighs!! But she says, "I just don't understand why people don't just eat healthy, natural food! Eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full!" What a concept!! She should write a book! I say, "Go into Costco & see how many people look like you and how many people look like me & then we'll talk." She then says, "Tell me, how many times do you eat every day." I say, "6" She, "Now you see - there's NO WAY I could eat 6 times a day. I usually eat 2 times a day." Again - how many people look like you & how many people look like me??? She eats 2 meals a day (sometimes the 2nd meal is an artichoke - that's my pre-meal!) and does Pilates/Yoga 4 hrs a day. They own a wine shop so she also gets to drink wine every night. This is as natural to find in nature as Halley's comet! I mean, I know it exists, but don't think you'll see it again for another 75 years!! I'll go back to what I said a while ago, asking people with warped relationships with food to eat when they're hungry and stop when they're full is as foreign as a concept as an "honest politician", "monogamous Frenchman", "straight anti-gay activist". I, personally, need a plan - a well-researched, proven method to kick start my metabolism, help me not obsess about food and help me not be starving all day long plan. Do I wish I could workout 4 hrs a day, only want to eat twice a day & drink all the wine I want & be a size 2? Hmmmm, only if I could still be me, I guess - and we all know that's just not how I roll.

1 comment: