Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ah yes - MUSIC

I've been plugging into Pandora using my bluetooth wireless headphones. And I'm RELAXED!! WOW!!! I forgot what a difference zoning out to music makes. Remember laying in bed as a kid w/ the music turned up and the problems would melt away? - at least for me they did. But having music on in the car with the kids' chatter just isn't relaxing. So I've been coming home and plugging in and I actually feel my body relax and I start to breathe again. Not only do I relax, but I zone out - I stop thinking. I feel suspended. Life ceases to have movement. It's been great and what I've been needing!! I've been in the habit of being stressed for the sake of being stressed. I am without work right now (I have work when someone calls so I can go a couple of months without work) and I have nothing pressing so I have no reason to be stressed - but I would still work myself into a frenzy - just for fun. So this is good. This is comforting and it's not food - how about that!! What a novel concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment