Saturday, May 22, 2010

E.D. (no, no - not the medical problem)

"Comfort Eating", "Emotional Eating", "Food Addiction" was the first issue to resolve and now I'm coining a new phrase - "Comfort Eating Out" no - how about "Comfort Dining" or "Emotional Dashing"- E.D. for short (ha!!). I'm going to have to work on this a bit. Anyway, this is the next thing I'm struggling with. I'm finding such a link between keeping to a budget and keeping to my eating program. I really like to eat out. I'd be a natural in NY where people don't even know where their kitchen is in their home. They eat out every day and have the option of delivery of 50 restaurants. But there aren't as many fat people in NY because they walk everywhere. Any time I've ever traveled to NY I lose weight. (Same with a cruise ship, but that's because the ship motion makes me slightly sick the whole time and I can't eat very much) Back to my point - so we're going over our budget and seeing how much we spent so far this month on food and it's discouraging. We NEVER keep to our budget - but Kurt says, "You've been so stressed with work, it's seems okay to eat out as long as you're earning money." Here's the problem - if that were the end of it - GREAT - but it's not. I just don't lose weight that fast while eating out. Even when keeping to the "plan" because of salt and fat added to everything. But, of course, I don't stick to the plan when eating out because it's too tempting to eat that little thing here or there. I'm going to have to figure this out before I drive myself nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment