Monday, March 1, 2010

The Next Addiction

I'm trying to break my next addiciton - eating out!! This one is just WAY tough for me to break. Not that the other ones (sugar, emotional eating, diet pop) haven't been horrible to get under control, but this one is like giving up EVERYTHING.

First, the reasons I love to eat out: 1) I feel pampered 2) I don't have to wait on others or clean up 3) if alone w/ hubby, we can actually talk & be relaxed 4) if w/ kids then I'm feeding my emotional eating because they stress me out when eating (I don't
LIKE that, I didn't want that on mine, I'm thirsty, etc) 5) most restaurant food tastes good & will be stuff I won't make myself at home 6) it's a way out of my house every day 7) it's a reward for whatever I feel I need a reward for ("If I work out today, I can go to Subway afterward")

The reasons I don't like to eat out: 1) too expensive 2) I eat too much that I shouldn't be eating 3) even when trying to stay on plan, I don't lose weight for a couple of days 4) I often feel a let down after, which means I was looking for something emotional when eating out, instead of just food 5) I drink diet pop most of the time when out & 6) did I mention
TOO EXPENSIVE!!

But even when I try to not eat out, it seems I eat out - for example: Sat I was going to meet someone with my mom & they canceled & so my mom & I went out & split a salad. Then Sun I was going to meet the same person & they canceled again so Kurt said he'd treat all of us to lunch. Last week I ate out: Tues met Kurt for lunch (alone time w/ Kurt), then again Tues night (night fell apart & was depressed), Wed night (Kurt took kids out & brought me home something), was good Thurs & Friday & then out Sat & Sun. I'm telling you, this must get brought back under control!!

No comments:

Post a Comment