Monday, March 29, 2010

Exhausted

We're leaving on our trip in a little while & I'm trying to get everything done at once. It's exhausting. And it doesn't help that I'm back on carbs for a bit. I told myself that my plan was to get myself used to eating a bit more normally so I could go on this vacation and not get sick. HA - I'm back on carbs because I'm stressed out & want to eat them. On the other hand I don't feel as well now that I'm eating again. I'm staying off sugar, but even tortillas with dinner gives me heartburn. Amazing! And a bit depressing. I find it depressing that if I want to feel well I need to stay off wheat. I have never been off wheat before, so I knew staying off sugar made me feel better but wheat also - BUMMER. Not that it makes me sick, just more tired. Anyway, I'm doing a day on a few days off so my weight is staying stable. My ankles are swelling and I'm feeling beat up. How nice I am to myself, huh? Okay, so tomorrow is a day on - plus I'm with people that will watch everything that I put in my mouth, so that will be motivation. My poor daughter and husband definitely don't like watching me eat carbs. I can see the terror in their eyes - "uh oh - she's eating!!!" Really, this is temporary - I'm ready to be back on plan and feel better. I'm also ready to start losing again - staying static is a bit depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment