Saturday, March 13, 2010

Come to Terms

I thought a lot this week about my using food as entertainment while watching the boys and I decided to quit beating myself up about it. I'm frustrated that I'm doing it, I'm frustrated that it slows my weight loss, but I need to accept where I am and move on. The truth is, it's one of the few things that we both like to do and it kills an hour or more. When I had Emily we hung at a friends house - I also didn't have to work very much, I also had a mom that would take her a bunch, I also could afford to put her in classes each week. With the boys it's different. We don't have all those luxuries so I'm always trying to figure out a way to get us out of the house. But then it struck me that every 4 months life changes, so go with the flow and know that this is just now - summer comes and things change again - Sept comes and the boys start kindergarten - things keep changing so don't sweat the NOW! What I would like to do is plan for the days we're going to eat out, instead of having it come as a surprise. That way it's planned and expected & I feel good about it. So that's where I've been for a few days & so far, so good. I ate out yesterday for lunch with the boys & Kurt & ate on plan the rest of the day (instead of eating a full dinner as well). So move on & accept the NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment