Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pita & Hummus & Wine, OH MY!

Ate at my favorite restaurant the other day & my friend was drinking a glass of wine & had a BIG plate of pita & hummus in front of her. This is something that I've been craving and craving over the past few months. She says, "One glass of wine won't kill you, will it?" EVIL! So I considered it for a few minutes and thought it wasn't worth it. It takes 4 days to get back into "fat burning" mode once I get out of "the zone" of ketosis and I'm not willing to lose 4 days. I lost about 2 weeks a month ago because of eating out so much and I really want to get through with this part of my journey. I just want to be at goal. For as much as I would LOVE a glass of wine, it's just not worth it. I can drink again in 8 months.

In the end, I tore off a teeny piece of the bread and dipped it in the hummus and DIDN'T LIKE IT!! Isn't it true that we build up our expectations of food so much that when we actually eat it, it often falls short of what we were expecting? I sure do - but in the past, I would eat it anyway.

So another challenge conquered and past - KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE GOAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment