Sunday, November 22, 2009

Exercise - Dang It, Dang It, Dang It!

I feel like I actually have this eating thing down, I feel like I have the dealing with my emotions down, and I feel like I have a plan for the future, even when I hit my goal. But I don't feel like I've reached my goal as far as exercise goes. I've been doing Pilates w/ a trainer twice a week faithfully for 1 year now. Within the first few months I lost a size or two, but it never helped me lose weight. I KNOW I HAVE TO ADD CARDIO. I HATE CARDIO. Well, not totally true. I like tennis, I like walking when I have nothing else to do the rest of the day, I like swimming. But I don't like how much cardio takes out of me. I don't like the clean up. I have used the excuses: If I go for a walk, I'll sweat too much & then I have to take another shower or If I go swimming, it takes hours out of my day, or It's raining so I can't go for that walk, like I wanted to. I have so many excuses it's not even funny. But if I want to conquer this battle, I have to add cardio. So my goal is to walk to Pilates twice a week, rain or shine. Until I have built myself up to be able to walk home, Kurt will pick me up. I have walked once before (last summer) and it took about 35 minutes (it's a little over 1 mile w/ a few good hills). My legs were rubber by the time I arrived, but, in the end, it was a good thing since they were numb so Pilates didn't hurt. The problems that I'm forseeing are: 1) if it's rainy, I need to bring a change of clothes which I'll have to carry 2) I have to eat more than usual since I don't eat much in the morning but if I don't eat correctly before leaving, I'll pass out for sure! 3) I WON'T WANT TO GO! Maybe the biggest problem of all. I think Friday will be my first walking day so give me encouragement & let's all witness me do another seemingly impossible feat!

No comments:

Post a Comment