Monday, December 7, 2009

What a difference 4 months makes!

I read through my blog tonight and, even though I'm not thoroughly thrilled at where I'm at, I'm amazed at how far I've come. Take food thoughts, for instance. In the beginning my food thoughts were every 5 seconds and now they're about every 3 days (I still miss Subway after my workouts). The first trip to the beach was REALLY hard but our latest trip was easy, except for the drive home - I still wanted to eat the whole way home!! The whole getting to know myself again has been interesting and really where the blog has helped out. I actually do feel happy now. I am proud of myself and I'm not disgusted with myself anymore. I am optimistic about the future - not just the far off future, but next week, next month. I have avoided being sick for MONTHS now!! Side point, I used to get sick EVERY month during MTOTM but haven't gotten sick once in the last 4 months!! I also don't doubt that I'll succeed any longer nor am I waiting for the moment I give up or quit. I still have a ways to go & I have to focus a bit more on the daily grind - I've become a bit lax with some of the tools, but things are SOOOOOO much better. YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment