Friday, December 25, 2009

Bored ... Must ... Eat ... Food

These down days are sure TOUGH!!! First, I totally miss comfort eating on "vacation" days. The days that I would usually graze on my favorite foods and revel in the time off we all have. I'd begin w/ Noah's Bagels and move on to a huge wonderful sandwich, or maybe nachos for lunch & end with eating out. Except for when it's been snowing out, I don't think I haven't eaten out on a Christmas day in forever! It's part of my tradition - eat out & comfort eat. It's part of my enjoying time off.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me as much as it did today, that this was such torture to eat at home all day on program - since this was my first winter break since I've been on plan. It did surprise me, though - I didn't expect to be hit so hard with missing my traditions. I've eased my way into the eating plan and this isn't the only "vacation" day we've all had, but WOW - today was TOUGH!! And depressing. I basically hid myself away for most of the day waiting for it to be over. I mean, I could have gone out to eat with the family and been on program, but I wasn't hungry and I kept thinking, "Why go out & waste $30 just to comfort eat?" I had a wonderful dinner waiting here for me and I just had to make it to dinner to enjoy my meal.

So I did it. I stayed on program and didn't eat out at all today & ate my wonderful steak & salad dinner. And tomorrow's another day. Maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment