Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This is it

I'm finally back on track. It was a bumpy week to get back - I had a few mental setbacks - "Maybe I can try something else." "If I work out, I can eat more normally now." "Maybe I should be happy where I am." "Are you really going to lose 100 more lbs.?" But I told my inner doubter to shut up and that I AM going to reach my goal this time. I AM going to find a way to make this work despite my emotional trips. And I AM going to start working out more. I've now officially LOST all the weight gained on the trip - I'm back down to 247.4 (down 9.2 since 4/17) & that's great! Yesterday I got back on my treadmill and I started interval training - walk 1.5 min then jog 1 min - combined with a 5 min warm up and cool down, it comes to 30 min. and 8 min. of jogging. Thought I might die, but I succeeded and finished the whole thing. Half way through my inner doubter started up, "That's good enough - it's more than what you normally do - don't hurt yourself first day out - you aren't dressed to be this sweaty, maybe buy the right stuff and try again." Every excuse in the book to quit! I literally had to YELL "Don't stop Wendy - Finish this!!!" I was hoping no one was home. Sometimes you have to be louder than your inner doubter - that stupid voice has so much power, if we let it. But, no, I'm back in control now for a while and I will reach my next goal - 199 lbs. Date to goal is 8/10. WOOOOHOOOO! Here we go!!

1 comment:

  1. I find watching the biggest loser very helpful in my quest for good health. If they can do it, so can i. Good for you losing the gain of vacay. Tough isn't it to see what was so hard to lose, creep back on. Keep going, Wendy. You will get there!

    ReplyDelete