Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I FIT

Yeah, I've already lost 6 of the 9 that I gained on vacation. I LOVE this plan! So highlights of the trip - related to losing weight. It was nice to fly without having to ask for a seat belt extension - although it was still quite snug, which made me wonder what it was like 76 lbs heavier. Funny how we blind ourselves to the reality of our body. That's why the airlines have to ASK us to buy another seat because we think we fit nicely in that little narrow space, they call a coach seat. Nice to use the bathroom & not wonder how I was going to "take care of business" - SERIOUSLY!! I wonder how people make it into the "mile high club". Me & my 6'8" husband . . . - even typing that makes me laugh out loud!! I think they should give awards to those that can accomplish that because it would be some feat!! Anyway, back to reality - I actually went down the water slide. I cried after because it was something I haven't done FOREVER and my kids were so excited that I was going with them. I was a bit scared I'd get stuck, but I made it & it was actually fun. I slept in a real bed for almost 2 weeks!! That's a HUGE thing. I did start looking for recliners to buy on Craigslist after a night in LA but Kurt convinced me it wouldn't fit in the teeny rental car we had. I finally figured out how to prop myself up & I made it for 12 days in a bed (with the occasional night in the chair) I've actually gone home early from a vacation because I can't sleep in beds - but my hips have recovered enough and my apnea is better enough that I survived. I walked all day at Disney and survived. One setback was when my son (who is 5) started crying, "I don't want Mama to go swimming with us - she's too big and I won't be able to swim around her." My other kids came to my rescue and Isaac finally agreed I would be allowed in the pool - of course, when he saw the pool, he felt a bit silly. He was probably picturing a bath tub. Anyway, I decided it wouldn't do any good to explain that Mama now weighs LESS THAN DADDY!!!! Breathe, he's just a child . . . Anyway, it was a nice vacation and even though I ate off plan quite a bit, I ate on plan A LOT more than I ever would have before - and mainly because I wanted to feel good. I love that I now know what makes me feel good and how to get there when I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment