Monday, April 19, 2010

Back on Track

After eating to my heart's discontent, I only gained 9 lbs on my vacation. So Saturday I went back on plan & had a HORRIBLE headache by mid-afternoon. I figure it was my body purging all the toxins from my system. But on Sunday I was down 3 lbs & today, Monday, I'm down another 1.5 lbs. And this was eating out both nights - party & then family taking us out - ate on plan but LOTS of salty foods. So I'm happy that I've already lost 1/2 of what I gained. I'm on the right track. Now the fun begins - shopping & cooking. This is where I start to lose it - I don't like planning for meals, I don't like eating at home every day. I like eating out & feeling a bit of a reward at the end of the day. I don't like sticking to a budget. If money weren't an issue, I'd just eat out every day (like I've done for the first 20 years of marriage) - but now I'm holding my feet to the fire when it comes to money so I need to act responsibly and not just eat out because I "need a break". And eating healthfully is WAY more expensive anyway. So off to Costco I go . . .

1 comment:

  1. Eating out: PF Changs Steamed Chicken & Broccli with Ginger and Garlic...and an herbal tea...mmmm

    Salads....steamed anything with herbs and spices..most kitchens you'd want to dine at will do this for you. Herbal vinaigrettes....mmm and be a mustard connoisseur mustard is way low cal and low fat too. ;-) Keep up the good road! ;-)

    ReplyDelete