Monday, November 15, 2010

Fighting the good fight

So I'm working through the issues once again. I'm down 3+ lbs and I'm allowing food thoughts to come and go in my head without being hooked into them. I had a serious talk with Kurt about not bringing me junk and how truly destructive it is to have said junk hand delivered to me each night. Really not helpful nor loving. I found a local counselor to work with for a few months to help me get back on track. It's not about losing my way as much as feeling spun around like a top and then asked to walk a straight line. I feel as if I don't know if I'm coming or going so it's hard to be clear about goals and wants and desires when I'm not sure what life looks like every 5 minutes. Parents of young children can relate - it's a crazy life right now - too many schedules to track and too many demands. It's hard to keep myself in the mix at all times - it feels impossible at times to make my health a priority but then I think how life will truly be messed up if I get sick again - so on with the fight. It's truly a fight, but one that I know I can win if I don't give up!

1 comment:

  1. From one spinning top to another...breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out. take a step. repeat. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete