Monday, September 27, 2010

Where's the donuts??

I went back to full time (70 hrs/month) volunteer service in September. It's a one year commitment and on one hand it's very exciting because I haven't been healthy enough to do this for the past 16 years. On the other hand, it's a huge challenge and commitment when I work 2 jobs and have young children in the home - not even in full time school. But I thought by staying busy it would help with my eating issues. I do better when I'm busy. And it actually has helped. I am staying on program MUCH easier. But I find it interesting how mid-morning after being with people for a few hours, I crave food. Not that I don't crave food otherwise, but since I haven't been with people in cramped quarters for so long, it's been interesting to see how I'm trying to cope. It's kind of like, "This is a bit much - where's the donuts?" I have only given in once so far this month and it was totally not worth it!! Thank goodness for coffee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment