Sunday, September 19, 2010

I've actually been doing pretty well this week. I've had a few missteps but the amazing part was that it didn't derail my whole day. I just got back and kept going. There was the Tues night "my mom is driving me to eat" event but still - got over it and got back on track. But last night I was craving something. Ate my little soft serve which was yummy but I WANTED something. So I thought - now's the time to test my theory. So Kurt gave me a great foot massage and it actually did the trick! My cravings actually went away and I made it through the night without going off plan. He says, "So great! Now I have to give you a foot massage so you won't eat??" But I said, "Normally you'd go downstairs and make whatever it is I'm craving so now you don't even have to get up!" Funny how it's easier for him to feed me than rub my feet!! :-) Oh well - all I know is that it worked.

I've also chosen to not go to a few gatherings this week because they were potlucks and I just haven't shown control yet at a potluck. Maybe in my next life, but right now humility dictates that I recognize my limits and just not put myself in harms way. I also called and changed where we're meeting family for dinner - again a buffet is not my best friend. How buffets can make gross tasting food look so tempting is beyond me! But I seem to fall for it every time. Then, of course, I feel so wasteful leaving food on my plate for them to haul away - ISSUES! So we're going where I can eat on program. Safety is a good thing - tried and tested safe places.

Okay people!! Let's keep going! We have a goal to attain. We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment