Thursday, July 30, 2009

Why a Blog? Am I Totally Crazy?

Well, yes, I guess I am. My friend says she feels a garage sale is like inviting people to look in your underwear drawer & that's how I feel about this blog. It's the equivalent of Wynonna Judd & Kirstie Alley going on Oprah baring their weight loss antics only to either not lose the weight or gaining it all back. How terrifying! So why am I doing this?

Many reasons, really. But here are a few:

1) I started a new weight loss program & am succeeding so far but find that without food, my day is boring and a bit hard to bear. I think focusing on my goal, writing my thoughts as I go through this process and remembering where I've been & where I want to go is going to be a productive use of time.

2) I feel more committed to the process by blogging about it.

3) I've been fascinated by the journey thus far & thought someone might also find some gems in my years of counseling and reading. Let me spend the money & you can reap the benefits.

4) If I can succeed, maybe I can help others as well.

So that's it, really. "Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - Yeats

No comments:

Post a Comment