Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Forgive Me Wendy, for I Can't Lose Weight"

So I have found that I'm needing to blog less & less because I'm not in such a self discovery mode. Also I've been incredibly busy with work once again. But this is what I think is most curious this month - I've become the confessional of the dieters. It's become quite noticable that I'm losing weight and I've encouraged at least 6 or 7 of my friends to become more dedicated to their dieting efforts so now every time I see them I hear, "I'm not losing any weight!" Or I'm being told what they are eating and I should give them some advice. Of course the advice that I give is, "Do what I'm doing." But no one has wanted to do that so far - for some reason. I'm trying not to be judgmental because I too thought it would be impossible to go off carbs and "normal" food a year ago. I remember researching, I think it was Overeaters Anonymous, and they said that they encourage being off all addicting foods, such as bread, coffee, sugar, pop & I thought, "There is NO WAY I could do that!" But look, I'm now doing it (well except for coffee - I call it my Fourth Meal). I just don't know what it is or was that made me suddenly snap into being able to do this. I know it was the sum of a hundred different things but it did all suddenly click and I made the shift. I wish I had the secret. All I know is that it was CONSTANT attention to the goal and the drive to someday conquer my issue with food. I hope my friends find their own success because it's a drag to not lose weight when you feel like you're dieting!!

1 comment:

  1. More than 45 lbs??? Wendy I am so proid of you! that is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete